The United Way of Van Wert County is looking for a new leader! Vicki is retiring and we’re looking for a collaborative, passionate decision-maker. It’s a great opportunity for an outside-the-box thinker with excellent communication skills who cares about our community and enjoys working with people. Will YOU (or someone you know) lead us into the next 100 years??
Position Title: Executive Director
Candidates for this position should have the skills and desire to lead our organization, to establish a vision for Community Impact, and to leverage the power of relationships and networks to improve conditions in our community. Candidates should possess a high level of broad business and management skills and be effective at generating resources and financial support for the organization. The Executive Director has unquestioned integrity, a long-term perspective, a strong sense of accountability, drives for results, creates and nurtures a positive culture, has flexibility and courage to shift direction and experiment with new initiatives, and possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Reports to: Van Wert United Way Board of Trustees
Executive Director is responsible for leading the organization toward its goals of sustainably improving outcomes for all ages, using a collective impact approach.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
In the role of Executive Director, the major responsibilities include:
- Provide visionary and dynamic leadership and management to a high-performing team of volunteers, staff and community members by clarifying priorities and creating and monitoring progress towards organizational and individual goals;
- Lead, in partnership with team members, annual planning and budgeting processes and provide day to day management for the team;
- Work with campaign team to raise money for United Way of Van Wert identifying grant resources, philanthropic opportunities and participating in fundraising activities organization-wide;
- Serve as senior member of the United Way team, participating in activities and decision-making throughout the organization;
- Serve as a strong, neutral, and skilled facilitator who can guide the team, partners, and stakeholders towards consensus and shared vision and results;
- Build deep relationships with and understand cross-sector (education, social service, business, civic) partners who are connected to the success of every child;
- Ensure community is kept apprised of goals, objectives, priorities, successes, and opportunities of United Way of Van Wert Co.;
- Model the use of data to inform decision making and the use of improvement processes to scale what works along the cradle to career continuum and the commitment to see those improvements take hold over time;
- Represent United Way of Van Wert Co. externally to partners, media, funders, policymakers, Community organizations, and others; and
- Value diversity, equity, and cultural differences, bringing cultural competency to their daily work.
Job Type: Full Time
Knowledge Skill and Experience Required:
Ability to communicate effectively in a business to business environment. Experience with QuickBooks and fiscal management. Ability to effectively communicate and share the United Way of Van Wert mission and vision. Must demonstrate a mature, professional demeanor and proven ability to work well in a fast-paced and collaborative work environment. Experience/knowledge with grant writing is a plus. Fluent with current social media platforms, a plus. Other duties, as assigned.
Education Level: Associate’s Degree preferred but not required
Career Level: Related field experience required
How To Apply: Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pay commensurate with experience and skill level
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, Sick Days and Personal Days
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Mileage and phone reimbursement